3 steps to Admissions

  1. Is a non-institutional setting right for your child?
    • We know that children show higher success rates when they are raised in a home with professionally trained parents vs an institutional setting.
  2. What program does your child qualify for? (Click on the Apply Now Button and you will be directed to our screening agency)
    •  We screen for children with psychotic,  extreme or severe violent, drug or criminal pasts.
  3. Can we/you afford to place your child in a private learning environment?
    • Below are a few methods of payments if resources are not  readily available

Pull from resources

We recommend that you first look at the resources that may be readily available to get your child assistance.  If you have resources you can utilize its best that you begin thinking of ways to make them readily available for your needs.

  • Does your child have an Education Funding Plan or College 529 Plan?  With the new government regulations, some of the costs could be deducted pre-tax or from a 529 college savings plan.
  • Do you own your home? You may be able to apply for a low-interest equity loan from your bank. Or you may want to sell your home outright and downsize as well.
  • Do you own your car? You may be able to sell one or both of your cars, or  buy an older but still reliable car for cash.
  • Do you own any jewelry? You may be able to sell your jewelry.
  • Do you have bonds, stocks, an IRA or a 401k you can cash in?  If you roll this into a 529 it may be a seemless transition.

Financial Assistance

Whenever possible parents should find the resources independently. However, when this is not an option many of our clients rely on a combination of personal, and outside private financing.  Clients who qualify for Behavioral  Health Assistance may apply for a medical hardship provided by CareVoy Family intervention and therapy services to assist in their continued outpatient care.


To apply for a Health loan for CareVoy Outpatient Treatment Facility  click on Private Financing :

boarding school loanWe have partnered with Prosper Healthcare Lending as a potential lender. It simplifies the process of paying for your childs care Working with a national network of specialized lenders, our compassionate loan consultants will help you find the most suitable financing option while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality. Click the banner above for more information.

  • Prosper Lending Lends up to $40,,000 for Health/Medical/Treatment at customized lending rates based on  credit worthiness, credit history and amount requested.
  • M-Lend Financial Options include interest free credit cards (at no additional costs) and low interest installment loans for various credit ratings up to 84 month terms and $100,000. Particularly for addiction treatment. With no interest charges for an extended period of time, this can be a welcome bridge to financing.
  • Lightstream Medical Loans Fixed rate, simple interest fully amortizing installment loans, no fees or prepayment penalties.
  • Insurance:Insurance coverage varies widely between policies. Your policy may cover part or all of the cost of resident stays. We recommend that you contact a representative from your insurance company or a representative from Re-Creation Retreat if you have any questions regarding amounts covered by your specific policy.

Look to Your Close Friends and Family

  • Grandparents Many families go to the child’s grandparents for help, and they are often willing to use some of their retirement or their available cash to help pay for a program.
  • Family Members Family members are often more than willing to at least chip in to help pay.
  • Close Friends If you have friends with teenagers, they are often aware of what you’re dealing with and are willing to chip in.

Still Need Help? Ask Your Local Community

If your assets and your family’s help are still not enough, you can then move toward your local community to ask for help. Write a letter of support and ask your friends if they know anyone who might be interested in helping. You will be surprised at the resources you may find in the process.

  • Ask Your Local Community Groups If you are part of any type of community group, ask for help by giving letters to those you are acquainted with.
  • Ask Your Church Home If you are a member of a church, go to your church body and ask for help. Send out letters, or ask your church pastors if they are willing to put you before the congregation to ask for help. Churches also often have support funds for active members. Talk to your lead pastor or families pastor, write a letter to the elder board, or if the church has a formal method for applying for funds, ask the church office how to apply.
  • Start a GoFundMe page GoFundMe is a website where you can ask people for money in support of a cause. Start a page and ask your friends on Facebook for help.

IEP and Adoption Assistance Funding

  • If your child has an IEP States are required by law to provide funding if a case can be made that the school setting will not be enough to meet their IEP. See wrightslaw.com for more information.
  • Is your child adopted? The Adoptive Families Coalition welcomes and helps families with post-adoption challenges. They offer a unique plan to assist in meeting the high cost of therapeutic boarding schools, residential treatment centers, and wilderness therapy programs. You can find the sponsorship application page at http://adoptive.org/sponsorship/ or Call (602)-740-7149 or (602)-390-0220.
  • Was Your Child Adopted in California? California is required by Public Law 96-272 – the Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act of 1980 created federal incentives to encourage the adoption of special needs children to provide assistance to families with struggling adoptees who were once a part of the California foster care system. Click here for more information

Crime Victim’s Compensation

If your child is struggling due to the fact that they were a victim of a crime, there are funds available to help you pay for treatment. You must apply for assistance in the state in which the crime was committed and tried. The National Association of Crime Victim Compensation Boards has a list of all of the state crime victim compensation web sites where you can begin to apply for funding for a therapeutic boarding school, residential treatment center, or a wilderness therapy program.

Contact Info

Toll Free 18003488508

Po Box 100

Toquerville UT, 84774



Call Now 800-348-8508